Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Child

shown a flower
the small baby
opens its mouth
Seifu-Ni

When I read this haiku I think -- contentment. A child who has their basic needs met and has connected in a relationship with a caregiver responds to the simplest things in life with a sense of awe. When I am with a child in this state of contentment I can more easily set my own worries aside and am able to join that state of mind. The child is reminding me what contentment can be.

Do you see this flower?
Smell this flower?
Feel this flower?
Hear this flower?
Know the the joy this flower brings?
I am sharing it with you, without judgment, without asking for anything in return.

I found I love the role as Aunt Kelly. I am not ready to be grandma, but love sharing my time with my nieces and nephews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment