Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Words

I open the book
The words speak of observations

My mind asks, Will my words find the page ---
Worthy to be read by others?

"Maybe the desire to make something beautiful
is the piece of God that is inside each of us"
resonates within --- these words of Mary Oliver
draw me to my own notebook of musings.

The drum, guitar, and flute
create a melodic rhythm
drawing out the words in a pattern
without rhyme

What reason do I have
for sharing the observations
that mingle within

A voice says, let them go ---
Let the words go onto the page
and the anxiety will also be carried

Release with words
the beauty
and the ugliness
that is world as you see it

For belief comes from the words
You speak

*Mary Oliver quote from poem "Blue Horses" in collection Blue Horses, pub. 2014

1 comment: