Monday, January 21, 2019

Thank You 2018

In January 2018 I was prompted by my writing community to write a letter in a way I had not done previously. The prompt began: Thank  you 2018. And well, I tucked that letter away and found it this week. So, below I am sharing with others what I wrote a year ago.


Dear 2018,

Thank you for revitalizing my creative spirit. 
Thank you for bringing me into a community with other Creatives, encouragement, accountability, and completion of small projects and initiating bigger ones. 
Thank you for guiding me on how to use my time, when to step back, when to push forward. 
Thank you for sharing JJS's words --- breathe in experience, breathe out poetry (creative expression).

Thank you for answers, intervention and a means to minimize the chronic health issues that attempt to hold me back from expressing myself, engaging in living the life I desire. I am grateful for the lessening of discomfort of fibromyalgia, arthritis, fatigue, and  providing the options given by the Naturopathic team at Full Circle Care. 
Thank you for the consistent support and friendship of my fitness trainer.

Thank you for allowing me to share my gifts with others, including the community of the library. Thank you for the inspiration for the on-going literacy and STEAM program I've been able to develop.

Thank you for guiding my family on their journey. my oldest with his ambitions in the business world. my daughter as she is making decisions for college. my youngest's exploration of art.

Thank you for my husband's continued dedication to our family, providing us with opportunities like a week in Washington D.C. Thank you for his desire to give back to others through coaching basketball.

Thank you for taking care of my extended family members. There are too many to list! And naturally, thank you for those special friend relationships.

And last, but not least, thank you for helping me declutter my physical space to make space for more focused and fulfilled living. And, I can't forget our family's feline companion.
Kelly

And yes, this is what manifested during the year 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment