Sunday, January 20, 2019

Reset




"Take the Remnants of Gold from each Karmic experience and use it as a ladder to climb above it." Chakra Wanda


pictures courtesy of Bridget Carone
This blog post is not what I originally had planned after my 'Bottom Line for 2019' writing. However, I believe it is appropriate to share as my words below do reflect my authentic self to those who care to read my musings.

Today is the day after the Women's March 2019, the Sunday of the three day Martin Luther King weekend for those of us fortunate enough to have Monday as a "holiday." While others in my realm of awareness have been strong advocates voicing their concerns of justice, equality, human rights, and many other significant needs of humanity, I have been in "Reset Mode." At one time in my history I had considered this to be a negative or unproductive moment of my journey. However, I have come to recognize the value of this reset mode.
Pogonip in the Desert

In the past I have struggled with the internal gremlin dialog I experience during reset mode. Phrases such as: what a waste of time; here we go again, retreating from the world; get your lazy butt up and do something; stop using your physical health history as an excuse; here's just another example showing why you are not good enough for _________; at least use this time to write and put some words on the page. Well, the reality is, I eventually do put some words on the page. But, this only occurs after blocking out everything around me for awhile. Let me explain or, as my writing coach says, show you.

January brings many messages: the new year on the cultural calendar; winter at its peak in the northern continent; resolutions or intentions.

For a week the low pressure system in the high desert of northern Nevada creates a grayness of continuous clouds, cold winter humidity, and pogonip as seen in the image above (pictures shared by friend Bridgit a few miles from my home). My physical body goes into hibernation mode.  A partially finished crochet blanket rests on my heart, gradually expanding with each double crochet stitch. The television screen displays a historical fiction drama. Crumbs from simple sugar comfort foods sit on a paper plate. Social media notifications are ignored on the cell phone. Hours pass by unnoticed until an inquiry concerning dinner is made. Blank morning writing pages cumulate as no words are swarming in my head...until that moment when I awake and half remember a dream in my light sleep stage. Then reawakening begins.

Sometimes pogonip happens. It is not expected or planned for. It just exists for a little while and eventually melts and life goes back to normal.  Like the natural world of select conditions leading up to the pogonip, events occur leading up to my reset mode. 

There are moments when I can no longer take in the happenings of the world around me --- not the big issues of the world like the National Women's March; not the near close to home chaos of a random shooting in a shopping mall I was in 24 hours previously; not the smaller events in my community of a new pizza take-out business my daughter is now employed at; not even the fact that I am out of a favorite creamer for my coffee and it would only take a half hour to create a grocery list and go get some basics. I've reached a tipping point that has put me in reset mode. My spirit and energy must pause and this requires blocking out all but the essentials. I make adjustments at my place of employment because I know that I can do just the essential tasks and get caught up on my bigger projects when this passes. I can post pone bigger decisions and giving of myself because I know that after my reset mode the Universe will give me the energy I need for the tasks at hand and my greater intentions.

So, this is what I know about being in reset mode. It eventually passes but sometimes I also need a rope. There is a connection between what I am writing here today and what I wrote earlier this month on bridges. When building something, there is value in having a safety rope. Sometimes we slip and have to pause and reach out for a rope to pull us back so we can continue our journey. In most cases, that safety line is essential because we are human, after all. And, during the recent freezing fog I experienced a moment when I literally was standing on a slope of black ice. Standing isn't exactly the right word, however. I was hanging with every ounce of strength to the car door as there was no way I could stand! It was a time when I said, "Nope, my plan is not going to happen!" I could not get from point A to point B and had to completely change plans.

At the top of this post is a quote from a friend who is tuned into the spiritual realm. She recently received a message which she shared, "Take the Remnants of Gold from each Karmic experience and use it as a ladder to climb above it." (Chakra Wanda) So, what I received from this message is: Reset Mode, the pogonip, is also its own Karmic experience. I can choose to listen to the gremlin dialog or find the remnants of gold waiting for me to grab onto. While building my bridge to the new decade, I cannot be afraid of the moments of "Reset." I must believe that the strands of strength will be provided for that bridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment