Wednesday, August 14, 2019

When the Sea Beckons





When the Sea Beckons
Like the hummingbirds singing in your ear,
Or like the leaves whispering to the cells of your skin,
How do you respond?
Do you leave the desert sage brush
And let go of your social obligations?
Do you throw an overnight bag in the back seat
And fill your vehicle up with fuel for the 700 mile trip?

When the Sea beckons
This is what my heart spirit desires
Like a child needing the comfort
Of a nurturing parent,
Or a woman desiring
Arms of a lover.

Once the soles of my feet
Feel the damp sand,
My lungs fill with the moist, salty air,
The Sea recalibrates my energy
To the natural rhythm of the waves.

When the Sea beckons
And I respond to its calling
With humble curiosity,
I receive the gifts of the sea.


No comments:

Post a Comment