Wednesday, January 31, 2018

What Color?




"What color makes me feel the best?" asks my friend JJS. Different colors at different times. Recently when participating in a visualization exercise with my life coach Amy, we came upon yellow and orange. I had a need for warmth and the images were the sun, fields of sunflowers, bright orange and banana yellow. The next week I went into a favorite fabric store to get something for a friend and the yellow yarn screamed at me to buy to make a blanket and even though I have another crochet project in the works and don't need another blanket for me, the yarn went into my cart. And bright yellow/orange is much different to me than the winter tans of the desert in which I live. The tan is more of a dormant, hibernation, cuddle up inside with a book color for me. The bright yellow says summer fun. On other note, I love sitting on the beach or a ridge overlooking the ocean, generally where or when it is warmer outside so the natural breeze from the water is refreshing not chilly like on a northern coastline. So, then the color would be blue as it is an inspiring and healing color for me and I find myself writing. I also like greens, as in the many shades of a forest, as memories of the smell of the forest are triggered and I have fond memories of family activities in that kind of environment. Camping is no longer something I long to do as my body prefers a real bed and shower but as a kid, I didn't care about those things. Driving through the California Redwoods, like we did last summer as a family, is always reflective and rejuvenating. Then, if you look at some of my personal accessories you will find purples. A purple bag for my laptop, a purple day planner, a purple watch band. I don't know, it is a fun color and appears to reflect my organization tools (I also like to write in purple ink). If you look in my closet you will find I wear particular colors in different seasons, for example the school color of burgundy during basketball season. So, JJS, there you go, I'm a chameleon of sorts I guess, or maybe just an eclectic of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment